Friday, March 29, 2013

Mix CD Swaps


I love music. If I am not watching movies, I am listening to music. I don't listen to a lot of new music, I am still listening to my favorite bands from my teenage years. When I was a teenager, I often sent mail friends and strangers mix CDs of my favorite songs. These song selections haven't changed by much, if at all, and I am certainly not bored of them! I've found a lot of neat songs while watching movies but I often forget to look them up after the movie is over. I should to make a new music journal!


I recently send Rhiannon a mix CD that featured a few (okay, a ton) of oldie favorites plus a few new ones. The song list I sent with the CD contained a short blurb about why each song is my favorite. It was a lot of fun to go through the list and figure out why they are my favorite songs and realize how many memories are associated with each one. Looking at the list above, I realized that I have seen most of these bands perform live and every single show I've been to holds a special place in my heart. Since moving to Rhode Island, I haven't been to many shows and I really miss it. I'm not the type of person to go to a show alone and I don't know anyone out here who has the same music tastes I do! 


My lovely typewriter helped out in typing up the song list. Sending mix CDs and using my typewriter take me back to when I first started sending mail to strangers on postcardx. I miss the days of being a teenager, when I didn't have a job and I could spend all day every day writing letters, making envelopes and burning CDs!

If you have any music recommendations, feel free to leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment