Saturday, June 25, 2011

Finally!

I am feeling a lot more organized in our new house! I updated my new address here on the blog - 4508 Rip Van Winkle Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89102 - for those who are curious! For all my regular pen pals, I will be writing letters out to let everyone know they can start sending mail here :) I'm almost done getting everything set up in my new "mail room" (extra bedroom in the house full of my stuff... ha). I brought over a large desk that I had at my mom's house and while setting it up, a huge spider appeared on my shoulder and now I'm scared to sit at the desk for fear of more spiders! Ahh. The desk was stored, unfortunately, inside a shed my mom has, so bugs invaded it but I think they are all gone now.

Thursday, I officially lost my job which kind of sucks money-wise but I'm happy that I don't ever have to go back. The reason I was fired was due to attendance but it partly wasn't my fault. Last Wednesday night my car broke down and while waiting for the tow truck, I called into work to see how many points I had. My supervisor told me I had 1.5 points, so I thought I would be in the clear to call out the next day to fix my car. Long story short, my supervisor was not correct and I actually had 3 points and not 1.5. Being on call we could only call out of work/be late 3 times in a 30-day period and if you get 4 call outs, you are basically fired. Sunday, I worked for 2 hours then was called into the office by my manager who informed me I had 4 points, I was put on suspension because they have to do a bunch of HR bullshit before they can do anything. I did inform my manger and HR of the situation that happened but for whatever reason all responsibility fell on myself and I was fired! Awesome. I was upset at first because I've never been fired and the whole situation irked me but I am enjoying not working for the time being :) I'm just very thankful I don't have to pay rent here, bills aren't too expensive and that Bobby & I managed to save up a decent amount of money earlier this year.




Received:















Sent:










No comments:

Post a Comment