Thursday, November 20, 2014

Snorkeling

Snorkeling was an unreal experience. I never thought I would have the courage to do it. Before we left for Hawaii, I would be thinking nonstop about how I would react to being in the water. I honestly had no clue. The most I could figure was that I would freak out. Growing up in the desert, I really didn't have much of an opportunity to hang out in natural bodies of water. We had a pool, so I know that I'm a decent swimmer but it's something completely different to be comfortable in water that is more than 6 feet deep and with things living in it; particularly sharks.

Our bed and breakfast host was sure to tell us that shark sightings were not common on the island. That was a little soothing but, in the back of my head, sharks were all I could think about. It's a completely irrational fear, I know.

I absolutely love the ocean just not being in it. I had an alright time snorkeling. It was really cool to see everything but I couldn't get over the fact that I could be looking around and possibly see a shark. It was just too much for me. I could be in the water for 5-10 minutes at a time. I'll probably never do it again.


 This photo sums up my entire snorkeling experience




No comments:

Post a Comment