Monday, November 24, 2014

On being inspired


I've been incredibly inspired lately to do collages. I think a lot of it has to do with the change in weather. The hot weather makes me miserable and super lazy. I didn't think summer would end this year but it finally came to an abrupt stop.

So, it's winter and all I want to do is paste bits of paper down and make art. I haven't put glue to paper in quite some time since I've been doing digital collages. It feels awesome to go back to the basics. As much as I love the ease of digital collages, it will never be better than "real" collages. I think a lot of it has to do with the textures.

Here are some things I've been working on.




4 comments:

  1. YES. When it comes to collages and paper crafting, digital just isn't the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't. I do love the convenience of digital though!

      Delete
  2. That was supposed to be an exc!amation point instead of a 1!!!

    ReplyDelete