Wednesday, September 3, 2014

New Collages!

Over the past couple of weeks, I've picked up a few vintage encyclopedias from the same set. They are full of really fun illustrations that I have been using in my collages! So far I have 3 out of the 6 books. I'm desperately trying to find the other 3 but considering they were made in the early 1900s, it might be a bit difficult. I thought I got lucky as there was a listing on Amazon for the "whole" set for $5! It turned out to be just Volume 6, which is the condensed version of the entire set, and one that I already had. Whoops.

I've made a total of 6 new designs in the last few weeks and they are probably my favorite to date. The majority of the illustrations in the books are just black & white, with a few random color ones. Working with very minimal color/design is definitely a challenge but it also allows me to be a bit more creative with my backgrounds and other elements of the design. Before I would use some random scrap of paper as backgrounds & elements and I'm kind of straying away from that. Experimenting is fun! I would love to do a recording of how I work and do a time-lapse video of my process. I love those types of videos!



The above designs can be found in my Etsy shop if you want to look at more pictures. Or, you know, purchase them!

I've been a bit lazy and haven't printed out the other 2 designs yet as I just made them over the weekend. I'm pretty excited to have them printed out though!



I'm also going to venture away from stationery and offer some other things in my shop over the next few months.

Do you have any designs you'd love to see? Favorite animals? Colors? Tell me whatcha think!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. omg. I keep forgetting about Halloween! I always think "hm I should do a Halloween design" and then I just forget. Thanks for reminding me!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! The cat one is my fave closely followed by the caterpillars followed by the typewriters! But I love them all. Oh yes I would love to see something with bats and lots of purple and orange and green!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought you would like the cats :) I will keep an eye out for some bat images. I do have a pretty neat Halloweenie one that I will show soon.

      Delete