Saturday, August 2, 2014

Rhode Island

The other day I got a random roll of film developed. I had no idea what was on the roll of film. Although I love the surprise, it does make me sad that I don't take analog photos anymore. I pretty much stopped getting film developed when I lived in Vegas because the only affordable, quick place I could do so was Walgreens. They only started printing on glossy paper (matte all the way!) and that really turned me off. But now I live in Portland! Where I could rent a darkroom if I so pleased. There is a pretty amazing photo store a short bike ride away from my apartment and I should start taking advantage of it! I vow to carry my film camera around with me everywhere this month.

This roll of film was from when I lived in Rhode Island! These pictures are just over a year old. I can't believe we've already been in Portland for a year. I don't miss Rhode Island at all. To be honest, in hindsight, it was a pretty awful time. I didn't have time or money to enjoy anything until about 3 months before we left. The last few months before we left, we lived in a beautiful apartment, in a even more beautiful building and that was great. Looking back at these pictures, I wish I would've spent more time outside. The path in the photos was right across the river next to our building. I mostly stayed inside because it was winter. Actual winter. Not Las Vegas winter. And I'm a baby who wears a hoodie in 80 degree weather.

 The only thing I miss about Rhode Island is this building. Literally the best and most beautiful place I have ever lived.


 We lived on the Cumberland side. Pinkies up!


I will never get tired of taking pictures of trees. Never ever.

If you want to read more about my time in Rhode Island... I made a zine about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment