Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Keeping Schedule



I've never been much of a spontaneous person. The older I get the more I realize how important it is for me to keep a schedule and have a routine. Ever since I started selling on Etsy I've realized how crucial it is for me to keep to my schedule. I never expected the be as busy as I have been with my shop. I'm incredibly grateful to be busy but it is hard to stay on top of things while juggling a full time job.

I implemented a Google schedule through Google calendar to help me keep everything on track. It's so nice to be able to see what I'm doing each week and what needs to be done. To help me remember everything that needs to be done, I also brought in a fabulous website call To Do List. That website was brought to my attention by an awesome blogger, Zie. I tend to be very forgetful and do the majority of my work online so the to do list is super handy for me. I also love checking things off of it!


Last week, I ended up working a lot of overtime at my job and that completely messed up my routine. I was so tired! I didn't want to do anything when I got home (especially coming home after gym days, agh!). I had blog posts to write, designs to collage, and cleaning to do; nothing was accomplished that week. Finding the time and energy to shower was difficult!


I'm hoping to get back on track this week, and make sure I stay on track! I do like to enjoy my life so I'm not incredibly strict about sticking to my Google calendar but it is nice for reminders to blog and do creative things. I recently picked up some rad vintage books and I can't wait to start on new stationery designs. I'm planning on retiring all of the designs you see in my Etsy shop in the next few months. Get them while you can! All of those designs will be unavailable come 2015.

How do you keep track of your life?

4 comments:

  1. I use todoist too! Did you get the free version or the deluxe one? I have the free one, and I also find it really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have the free version! I could totally see paying for the deluxe in the future. The reminder setting would be super helpful!

      Delete
  2. I don't like spending a lot of time on the computer but I do try to organise my life with loads of to do lists but I'm completely terrible at sticking to what I plan to do! I love feeling a little bit organised with projects though by marking dates I want things done by in my diary. I'm hoping I get better at getting shit done though. I want to be an illustrator and portrait artist but if I don't kick my ass more I'll never pull it off. I have maximum respect for you lady for working so hard. You are super talented and I'm looking forward to seeing new stationery designs. Will you be doing a new kitty one? Pretty pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a fan of to-do lists on paper, I have no idea why! I like to write out just about everything else on paper (I even stick post-it reminder notes to my phone instead of making a reminder on my phone). I wish I didn't spend so much time on the computer but it is necessary for me! haha.

      You are an incredibly talented artist and I love your work! Go for your dreams! I'm so happy that I finally took the plunge to create stationery. I've been saying for years that I wanted to do it. Gotta start somewhere :) Thanks for your super kind words, too <3

      Kitty one to come soooooon !

      Delete