Friday, May 30, 2014

Happiness



One of the gifts I received when I started my new job was a Happiness Journal. It's a pretty simple concept and a wonderful daily activity. The idea is that, for 21 days, you spend some time each day writing down the things that made you happy and how you expressed your gratitude to other people.


I've always considered myself to be a pretty happy and positive person so I was eager to start filling this little journal out. Some days it was difficult to find things to jot down but I kept at it! My biggest hangup was expressing gratitude with an outward action. I've never been the type of person who randomly emails, texts or sends letters to friends (strangers? sure! no problem) so I really had to focus on that.



My favorite part of the journal was writing down positive experiences. There are so many little and big things that happen every day which I consider positive or make me smile. The only difficult part about filling it in was figuring out which experience I wanted to write down!

I feel like this journal morphed me into more of a positive person who seeks the opportunity to pass on that positivity to other people. I find myself commenting more on other blogs and trying to interact with my surroundings more. Now, when I see something I enjoy, I want to let people know. If people do something that make me happy, I want to let them know.

The key to staying positive and being genuine is letting everyone else in on it.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! I was surprised at how much it changed my attitude.

      Delete
  2. Is this something that your job gave you or that a friend gave you when you started your new job? It's really nice either way! I used to do something like that... on my regular wall calendar I would write down one nice thing that happened everyday. I really like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My job gave it to me! They are big on positivity and fostering happiness in the best way possible. If you would like, I can send you one of these journals! They encourage us to pass them on :)

      Delete