Saturday, September 1, 2012

Liebster Blogger Award

Miss Stephanie, my pen pal from Rhode Island, tagged me with this award. A good excuse to update this blog and apologize for the lack of updates! My life never seems to slow down. :)

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less.

The word 'Liebster' is German and it means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.







Here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them. Remember, no tag backs!

11 Facts about Me

1. I can stand on the tips of my tippy toes.

2. I can lift 67lbs over my head 8 times (working on getting to 10!)

3. I am a big, big baby when it comes to eating "right" - I can survive on cookies & Dr Pepper

4. As a kid, I used to run around in the desert barefoot. I hated wearing socks/shoes!

5. I broke both of the bones in my left arm and put them back in place perfectly. Psst, never do a cartwheel off of a coffee table!

6. I absolutely hate going places by myself.

7. I've only had two boyfriends

8. I "dropped out" of public high school in 11th grade to do "independent study" - basically home-schooling myself. I ended up graduating a year early as it only took me 3 months to finish the required credits. I was one credit away from an honors diploma but I didn't have anyone to tell me that until it was too late!

9. My favorite number is 8 and my favorite day is Tuesday

10. I love brick buildings

11. I've dyed my hair purple twice, along with various other colors.

My answers to Stephanie's questions:

1. Which was the last good book you've read?
Today I just finished reading Backpack, a random book I found at the library. It was pretty good! In July I finished reading The Post Office Girl, which was a fantastic book.

2. What's your favorite season?
Growing up in the desert, any season that is not hot. I'm super excited to experience my first true fall in Rhode Island!!!

3. If your house was in fire and you had to leave it, which non-living thing would you try to save?
It will forever be two things - my binder of film negatives & my mail collection. I would be devastated if I lost either

4. Do you have any collection?
Just about everything. Pterodactyls, of course. Typewriters, giraffes, purple things, mail things, books, and memories - I hoard memorable receipts, tickets, etc.
5. Which is your favorite Pokémon (if you have one)? 
When Pokemon was a thing, I thought Charmander was super cute. I'm pretty sure all of the characters have gone through some changes over the years though.

6. What inspires you? 
Old buildings, nature and beautiful things.

7. What is your favorite dish for breakfast?
Currently, waffles & bacon (dipped in the syrup, of course). Breakfast is my favorite

8. Do you have pets? How many and what's their names?
Unfortunately, not anymore. Nathan has a kitty cat named Phoebe. I'm not quite a cat person. I really want a dog but I don't think I'm responsible enough to take care of one while living in an apartment.

9. If you could choose any country to live, which one would you choose, and why?
Switzerland! I have the best memories of traveling there and I think I would really enjoy living there. I would love to live so close to so many different countries!

10.What's your ringtone?
Some silly standard Nokia ringtone

11. What's your opinion about lizards?
I love them! We always had iguanas, chameleons, water dragons, etc growing up! They are so cute and a lot of fun.


I don't have the mental energy to come up with new questions! I am going to tag Becky & Emilie (although she may be a bit busy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment