Monday, May 7, 2012

Rhode Island Incoming

I was excited to move into our apartment, mostly so I could start receiving mail again! It was pretty much exactly a month of not having a permanent address and what a weird month it was not to receive one piece of mail - not even junk! 

Now, I have a nice, white mailbox to receive beautiful letters and postcards! The only problem is we do not have a flag on our mailbox :( I bought a replacement flag but I need to make some modifications for it to fit, haha. I didn't think it would be such an issue to put some outgoing mail in the mailbox without a flag but our mailperson just pushed the outgoing mail to the back instead of taking it! Luckily, I work right down the way from a post office, so I just go directly to the source to send mail for now.








 This was the first postcard I received at my new address. A nice Postcrossing card from California. The sender writes that they have been to Rhode Island and was impressed by the countryside. Growing up in the desert, everything about this state is impressive to me! The postcard is of the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco and the photo was taken by the sender.








 


Another Postcrossing postcard received! I sent out a lot of Postcrossing cards while we were staying in the hotel so I ended up received a bunch in a couple of weeks once I updated my address on Postcrossing. This cute panda card was sent from a user in Russia.


Matthew wanted to be the first person to send me mail at my new address but he was a bit too late! Although he was the first of my pen pals to send me mail so I guess that could count for something! 










This Postcrossing card comes from a user in Toronto (surprise!). I am pretty sure the sender designed the postcard, as it has it's own special "Postcrossing ID" box on the back! Such a clever idea.














A nice letter from Steffi! I love all of the neat pictures she pasted on the envelope and the cute flower. She recently went to Paris, I can't wait to hear all about her trip!













This is a handmade, collaged postcard from Steph, a SendSomething user. I had sent her a postcard when I first moved to Rhode Island and she sent me this as a reply. This postcard makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of old comics to collage with!











A cute giraffe postcard from Postcrossing. I am always surprised about the amount of giraffe postcards I get from Postcrossers.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see my letter here. :D I just received your reply today. I'll tell you about Paris soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete