Sunday, April 22, 2012

Moving On Up

I turned 24 on Monday and it was probably the best day ever. Although I had to work, a coworker was kind enough to switch shifts because I was scheduled to work in the evening. The switch was kind of last minute so I didn't have anything big planned for my actual birthday, just dinner with Nathan! We went to Chili's which is super boring but I had the best meal ever. They have this salad, the Quesadilla Explosion Salad and it is amazing. I also ate the entire Oreo Molten Cake by myself. I regret nothing.

After dinner we decided to stop by Home Goods because we've been looking for a nice dish set. We didn't find anything there that we liked but I wanted to look around the store a bit more and I stumbled upon the best thing ever:
 
Yes! A beautiful, legit mail sorter. I've seen these online quite a few times and couldn't wait until I got my hands on one. I love that it has a drawer so I can finally have a nice place to put my postage stamps, before I was just storing them in a ziplock bag. The numbers don't quite line up to the slots but whatever! I love everything about it! 

Now I just need to figure out how to store the mail once the month is over. All of the mail I received while in Las Vegas are in a bunch of big filing bin things but that is super inconvenient (and ugly!). Does anyone out there have a pretty way to organize/store received mail? I like having it organized by country or state and also date received. I tried photo boxes once but they aren't wide enough for bigger envelopes or postcards. I was kind of thinking of doing a binder with plastic sleeves for postcards but that still runs the problem for bigger sized postcards!

3 comments:

  1. I have one very similar!!! I found mine at the goodwill and paid under $5 for mine. The knob on mine is a crystal knob he he...

    I love using it to stay organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crystal knob! That sounds fantastic. I was kind of interested in changing the knob on mine but I haven't looked to see if I can. I would like something over-the-top :)

    It is definitely a helpful tool for organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I need to find something similar!

    - k
    ladykayy.blogspot.com
    ladykayyblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete