Saturday, August 20, 2011

Meeting Pen Pals!

Hamilton, Montana

Bobby and I went on a mini vacation to Montana last week! We left Las Vegas on the 10th and arrived in Montana on the 11th. We have a friend who is working out there, which is the main reason we went. It was so beautiful and the weather was fantastic. I don't think it got above 85 degrees the entire time we were there! We fell in love, the only reason we came back was because of our puppies and we had a rental car :P There are storefront apartments in Bozeman and Hamilton for $450 a month rent... it is a goal/dream of mine to live in a storefront apartment so maybe one day, just to do it, we will move out there :)



Storefront apartments in Bozeman



Matthew in the Bitterroot River


One of the highlights of the trip was meeting a long time pen pal/friend, Matthew Harris! We were staying in Bozeman, where our friend is living, and Matthew lives in Hamilton which is about a 4 hour drive from Bozeman. We drove up there on the 12th and Matthew & I hung out for about 2 hours by the Bitterroot River. It was pretty awesome finally meeting him as we have known each other for 6 years! I have more pictures but I still have to develop the film. I tried to get the film developed a couple days ago but every place I went either didn't develop film anymore or they did but their machines were broken. We did a lot of walking but did write one postcard to a mail friend of his. In hindsight, we really should've wrote more postcards! Matthew is the second person I have met in "real life". The first person was an online friend, Krissy, and we met when I was 14. Krissy & I are still friends, which is really cool because we have known each other for over 10 years!

Matthew & I (the sun was very bright!)

Have you ever met any pen pals or online friends? What was it like? I would really like to meet more pen pals but it seems a lot of people think it is kind of sketchy? I like meeting new people :) So, if anyone ever comes to Las Vegas, I am always down to hang out!

Will be posting mail pictures, soon! I finally got around to taking pictures yesterday (and there are a lot!) I love vacations but I hate coming back and trying to get back into the swing of things.
:)

2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! I'll look you up if I'm ever in LV again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun! Most definitely you should :) If I ever find a way to make it out to Pennsylvania, I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete