Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rangerdoug.com


While we were at the Carlsbad Caverns gift shop, I purchased these vintage looking postcards and made sure to go to the website listed on the back of them. After visiting the website, I am so glad I made my purchase. Ranger Doug produced the postcards by taking lost art from Work Projects Administration Federal Art Project. Doug finds the original artwork and restores it as well as creating new artwork in the same fashion. Another very neat thing about this project is 1% of the sales is donated back to our National Parks. I am so happy I stumbled upon these postcards, the artwork is awesome and the way it came about is even better.









I've purchased so many postcards on this trip. I can't wait to get back to Vegas to start sending them out for swaps and whatnot. Speaking of Vegas, we should be back there on May 2nd because I purchased tickets to go see Conan!! So excited to see him live.

No comments:

Post a Comment